Need your help!

So, I have been having trouble getting sales on my Etsy store.  I have been trying to get help from people on Etsy, trying to ask friends for advice... it turns out, my pictures arent as great as I thought they were and my tags arent strong.  I really am confused on how Etsy's search works, but I really am trying to fix my items so they can be found better.

I am reaching out to ask you for your help.  If you want to go to Etsy and try searching for my items and tell me what you find.  Which items make you want to click on them?  What makes you want to click on that one compared to the other ones?  Is it the picture?  The price?  The name???  Tell me any investigative info you find.  I want to know what YOU find since you are not me.  I am the seller and I want to know the opinion of the people who might be shopping.

I hope you let me know.

3 comments:

Jdunbar at: May 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jdunbar at: May 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM said...

I am always drawn to color when I am shopping on etsy. I like your photos when I am actually on the page for the item with the full view, but I think the thumbnails that appear as the placeholders for that object need to be more eye catching. Just looking at the thumbnails, I think that they need to be cropped closer to the object so that it fills the square, and maybe try more solid, simple & contrasting backgrounds, that way some of the details and saturated colors can be seen better. The buyer will see a pretty design and click on it to view more photos, which is where you can show the ring on the hand, or the clip in the models hair. It might be fun to see that red headband on a teal background. And perhaps some of the other images(not the thumbnails) of the headbands can be farther away to show the hairstyle (and possibly even the face) of the model, so that people start getting in the mindset of how they can wear it. (typos)

Saralyn at: December 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM said...

everyone prefers different things but I go with the classic white backdrop. I have tried many things but keep going back to the white because I think it looks the most professional and makes the items pop. It is really easy to just buy some foam core board and make a diy backdrop. I have found that using fabric is frustrating because of the wrinkles. I also brighten my white photos by picasa so all of them match.

I am visiting your blog through etsy connect! you have great items and a great blog!

Saralyn

www.studiomaisonblog.us

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Labels